Mark's Auto Service now offers environmentally friendly, Remolded Tires!THE REMOLDING PROCESS
Remolded tires use a European technology that was developed about 15 years ago for remolding airliner tires, which is comparable to that used for manufacturing first-generation tires. These tires are top quality ecological tires that have been made new again, often surpassing the durability of new tires — at a lower cost. These tires can be driven at the same speeds
, including highway and Interstate speeds, as new tires, with no loss in safety or comfort. Virtually all of the world's airlines use recycled tires. These tires are used on school buses, racing cars, taxis, SUV, trucks, military and federal, provincial, municipal vehicles. These users all know that remolded tires can be depended upon for safe and dependable performance.They are also approved and meet the very stringent demands of the D.O.T.
They will stand up to any kind of road you may drive on.
Watch video of Remolding Process - by Discovery ChannelIn simple terms a worn tire undergoes the following processes to become a remolded tire.
- Quality control begins with a visual inspection to select the most suitable tire casings; unlike tread, which may be worn away, casings remain valuable for the recycling potential.
- Laser devices precisely measure the crown and side rubber removed.
- Nail holes requiring repair are detected by electronic means, which uses electric currents to scan each casing.
- Cement and veneer are applied over the sides ensuring the sidewalls remain intact during the process.
- The rubber tread is applied using the most advanced technology.
- The exact tire size is measured and created.
- The tire is cured using bladder presses.
- The tire is visually inspected and trimmed while still warm.
Information from http://www.ongreengo.ca/
- Initial inspection
- Automatic tread buffing
- Bead brushing
- Application of the new rubber
- High pressure vulcanization in heating moulds
- Final inspection